The current fertility experience is broken, and we want your help fixing it. We grow families through at-home, personalized products that are science-backed to optimize fertility outcomes. With rising infertility rates, our kits will help educate our customers on their fertility health early, and help them take action with personalized supplements and products that will take them to and through parenthood. All of this will be done under a brand umbrella that resonates with our customer base. We see a future that is different from the current "family planning" aisle filled with blue and pink boxes, plastered with photos of babies. Our brand will reflect the modern millennial. Less First Response, more Knix.
We are a very early stage startup, and are building a brilliant team that is excited to help solve this complex problem.
- You want to be part of a small, very early stage startup that is having a massive impact on people’s lives.
- You are self motivated, love to collaborate, and are resourceful.
- You are passionate about our vision of helping people grow their families
- High empathy. We are dealing with very emotional (and sometimes traumatic) subject matter for our customers
- You are a problem solver, and have a ‘dive in and get your hands dirty’ attitude - no issue is too big to tackle.
- You are looking for a role to grow with and into, and can split your time jumping from task to task efficiently.
This role is multifaceted - you will support owned platforms (blog and social content), earned media (PR) and paid (Influencer relations). You will need to be nimble and resourceful. You will work cross-functionally with our content editor and designer to create assets, drive audience growth in the Canadian and US markets, generate earned media and support revenue-generating activities.
- Work with CEO to support PR outreach to media and influencers
- Support earned digital marketing strategy (email, social platforms) to amplify the impact, influence and visibility of brand and product launches
- Focus on building brand awareness and authority, driving traffic and growing the business through earned channels - partnerships, contesting, press coverage
- Support organic growth driving activities eg. newsletter sign ups, email marketing campaigns
- Work with supervisor to manage the social media calendar, work with the team to identify assets needed for each platform
- Research competitors, industry trends, best practices and apply learnings to our strategies
- Medical referral network coordination - preparing communication packages for practitioners and supporting outreach to drive sales (PR to doctors)
- Admin support where needed (we are a startup, so all hands on deck!)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and full proficiency in English - you should be able to write very well!
- Excellent knowledge of media, cultural landscape and societal dynamics in Canada and the US
- Strong problem solving skills with a creative approach
- Thrives in a scrappy, fast-paced environment
- Generous and passionate team player with strong organizational skills
Paid internships are available to students who meet the WIL requirements:
- Be registered full-time or part-time in an Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences, Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, or Business Program within publicly funded Canadian post-secondary institution, regardless of age
- Have Canadian citizenship or Permanent Resident or Refugee Status
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Provide proof of Enrollment/ registration
- Provide proof of Citizenship / Residency
More information on the WIL qualifications: https://www.cewilcanada.ca/cgi/page.cgi/Information_and_Communications_Technology_Council.html
If you do not qualify, we can offer a small subsidy for your internship.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying